Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Atlas Strugged - the plight of poor me...

woof... this article might look a bit exaggerated (but then everything at this school is an exaggeration and working hard to make the exaggeration a reality, thus it is no longer remains an exaggeration).. so where was I, yeah.. I was saying it is getting very very tough and tougher for us here.

Acads:
To just give you a feeler.... we have about 8 papers ( To call the paper related to the same domain would be like calling all Indians are brothers and sisters. Yeah sure, of course all Indians are humans, and thats where the commonality ends), so we end us studying really diverse papers and start making funny combinations (maybe there actually exists a relation who knows) such as Managerial economics applied in organisational behaviour, Quantative techniques in Personnel Managment, Marketing in Basic Financial Accounting. and what not..

Infact its so bad (or so good, depends on whos side you are)...is you are expected to be in a expert in the subject (seriously guys) in flat 2 months (in a neat 20 class each). you can imagine, well for people like me (who know as much accounting as a average tamilian knows hindi - incidently I am a tam.) how tough it is to go from absolute scratch to advanced theories in 2 months time. - Frankly I have never done so much in life in 2 months as much as I am doing here.

A typical day:
Also considering that the college is world famous for its personnel management course- they got some pathetic work times (ok.. I cant blame the college here, its we should take the credit for this one), but it gets you to sleep at 4:30 am and wake up at 7:30 am and then catch a half a breakfast, half tea, half dressed (I mean fully dressed, but no so well done), then catch half of whats taught in class (here too I mean, we more or less figure out which subject class we are attending to.. -btw listen guys, my measure of half's are very different yours ok).

And by then you are awake, it lunch time and guess what by then since you are fully awake, you realize how sick the mess food is and end up eating only half of whats being served and as for the sleep part - you realise that for a normal sane humanbeing needs atleast 6 hours of sleep (that is 3 hrs less what you had). so you try to catch up for it by sleeping a quick 1 hr during lunch break and hopefully the rest after your 7:30 pm class.....

and guess what at the end of all this you really ignore "Time" as a factor in your life and dont mind if its really morning, when you wake up or is it lunch time you have food. so basically you get back to stone age and eat when you want, sleep when there is time, work when you got work.So to put it the other way, the sun, come and goes when he pleases, you get up and do whenever it pleases please you.

so that being that..... I am reminded of the book Atlas strugged ( which incidentlly is my most fav. book, I would have read it like what,, 30 times..), I knew what the phrase meant, but now I know what exactly it feels like.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sathish,

Isn't that "Atlas Shrugged"?

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:57:00 AM, Blogger Sathish said...

Sarah...

that was an intentional typo to check if my fans are alert... ha ha.. (actually I was saving my face)

anyway good that you are alert.

cya.
Sathish

PS: do you ever come on chat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home